WAUSAU — No one was injured in a house fire that badly damaged a west side home late Saturday night, fire officials said.

The blaze broke out just before midnight at the home, located on the 200 block of South 12th Avenue in Wausau, according to dispatch reports. The owners of the home and multiple guests were inside, but escaped safely, officials said.

Witnesses said the fire appeared to spread to the attic, burning through the roof and damaging a deck. The cause of the blaze has yet to be determined, though fire officials are trying to determine whether a fireplace was correctly installed, officials said.

A family friend has set up a Go Fund Me account to help the family with expenses.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

(All photos courtesy of Heather Marie Harris; used by permission)