More news. Less fluff. All local.

Traffic advisory: Bridge work slated for Hwy. 29 in Marathon County

in Wisconsin news

Work to maintain the Hwy. 29 bridges over Marathon County J in Weston and County Q in Ringle is scheduled to begin June 12.

C&L Contracting, Inc., is the prime contractor for the $793,000 project. Crews will paint the steel girders to extend the life of the structures.

Crews will begin on the bridge over County J.

  • County J will remain open to traffic with a maximum 12-foot lane width.
  • Work scheduled for completion in early August.
  • Some shoulder closures on WIS 29 may be necessary.

Construction on the bridge over County Q is scheduled to begin in early August.

  • County Q will remain open to traffic with a maximum 10-foot lane width.
  • Work scheduled for completion in late September 2017.
  • Some shoulder closures on WIS 29 may be necessary.

Construction schedules are dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction status.

Federal transportation funds will pay for 80 percent of the project; state transportation funds will pay for the remaining 20 percent.

For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s north central region:

Leave a Reply

Latest from Wisconsin news

Wausau, WisconsinLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.
Go to Top
%d bloggers like this: