SCHOFIELD — Crews continue to battle a blaze at a Schofield home nearly four hours after the fire was first called in.

The home, at 113 William Street, appears to be a total loss.

Schofield House Fire 3.jpg
A home at 113 William Street in Schofield caught fire early Monday, July 17, 2017.

Firefighters from at least six districts are at the scene of the blaze, which was reported at about 5:45 a.m. Flames and smoke still billowed from the top floor of the two-story home at 9 a.m. as crews worked to extinguish the blaze. The fire appears to have started in the kitchen, but no official cause has been released.

A Mosinee firefighter at the scene said she was unable to confirm whether everyone inside the home had made it out safely.

As of 9:25 a.m., the fire is considered contained.

This story will be updated.

Schofield House Fire Raw Video from Shereen Skola Siewert on Vimeo.