MERRILL — A Merrill firefighter is recovering from injuries suffered while battling a blaze at Victory Lane Sports Bar on Pinewood Lane in Merrill, police said.
The building is a total loss, according to a Lincoln County Sheriffs Department news release.
The firefighter was injured after the roof collapsed, officials said. Crews pulled the firefighter from the building as flames spread through the walls and into the roof of the building.
The fire broke out at about 8:30 Saturday morning as workers were preparing to cook for a charity golf outing, officials said. When crews arrived on scene, employees were actively fighting the flames with fire extinguishers but could not put out the blaze.
Firefighters broke through a window to hose down fireworks that were inside the building and were planned to be used during the golf event.
There’s no word yet on the extent of the firefighter’s injuries. No other injuries were reported, and all employees were able to exit the building safely, officials said.