RIB MOUNTAIN – The Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce has announced the recipients of the 2017 ATHENA Leadership Award® and ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award®.
Bridget Wenman, President/Owner of Perspectives Training & Consulting LLC, was named the recipient of the 2017 ATHENA Leadership Award® during a program at the Hilton Garden Inn on Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
“I’m so honored to join this circle of recipients,” said Wenman. “When you fill out the application for this award, you have to take time to think about where you’ve developed and created excellence in your life and how you’ve impacted people. And it gave me an opportunity to think about the people who impacted my life.”
Finalists for the 32nd annual ATHENA Leadership Award® were:
- Cynthia Baumann, Creative Communication & Design Inc
- Rebecca Coushman, Domtar Paper Co LLC
- Ann Dahlke, UMR
- Mai Her, Wausau World Market
- Dr. Kelly Kapitz, Marathon County Special Education
- Trena Loomans, The Caring Tree – Children’s Counseling Center LLC
- Dr. Corina Norrbom, Wisconsin Institute of Public Policy & Service, Medical College of Wisconsin – Central Wisconsin and Aspirus
- Margaret P’ng, Blessings in a Backpack of DC Everest & Wausau
- Ellen Rock-Reineck, River Valley Bank
- Jennifer Smith, Bridge Community Health Clinic
- Elizabeth Tillisch, Ms Liz Naturals
Erika Van De Yacht, a learning leader of leadership, professional and personal development with Sentry Insurance, was named the recipient of the 2017 ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award®.
“To be included among this distinguished, talented and selfless group of women is very humbling and an honor.” said Van De Yacht.
Finalists for the tenth annual ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® were:
- Amber Anderson, SC Swiderski LLC
- Robin Bretl, lightbodY LLC and Weston Family Dental SC
- Katrina Felch, Northcentral Technical College
- Katie Hamel, Church Mutual Insurance Company
- Allison Liddle, Prosper Wealth Management and Allison Liddle Consulting LLC
- Samantha Mallo, Aspirus Business Health-Wellness
- Kayeng Moua, Peoples State Bank
- Tina Riehle, Wausau Financial Systems – A Deluxe Company
- Erin Witucki, Wipfli LLP
The ATHENA Leadership Award® and the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® are presented to women or men who are honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The ATHENA Leadership Award® Program’s presenting sponsor was O’Malley Cadillac Honda, the platinum sponsor was Ruder Ware LLSC, the gold sponsors were The Dirks Group and WAOW/WYOW Television Inc, the silver sponsors were BMO Harris Bank, River Valley Bank, Schenck SC and Wisconsin Public Service Corp, the bronze sponsors were 89Q – WCLQ, Ansay & Associates LLC – Mosinee, EO Johnson Business Technologies and Scherrer Construction.
A Women’s Leadership Conference will be held on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 with speakers and a location to be determined. Please monitor WausauChamber.com for more details.
Photo: Erika Van De Yacht, left, was named the recipient of the 2017 ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® and Bridget Wenman, right, was named the recipient of the 2017 ATHENA Leadership Award® during a program held at the Hilton Garden Inn on Wednesday, November 1, 2017.