More news. Less fluff. All local.

Police: 2 injured in Shawano fire

in Sirens

SHAWANO — Two people were injured after a blaze broke out in a Shawano apartment, police said.

The blaze broke out Wednesday in an apartment in the 100 block of Prairie Street, according to the Shawano Police Department. When first responders arrived, smoke was pouring from the ground floor apartment. Several residents were rescued, police said.

Upon entering, firefighters discovered that the stove in the ground floor apartment was on fire. Police said a 68-year-old resident fell asleep while cooking food.

That resident, along with a 37-year-old man from an adjacent apartment, were hospitalized for smoke inhalation, according to police.

 

The blaze is estimated to have caused several thousands of dollars in damage.

Care to weigh in?

Latest from Sirens

Go to Top
%d bloggers like this: