WAUSAU — For the third year in a row, a group of animal shelters in Wisconsin has launched a joint promotion in July, waiving adoption fees for adult cats.
The third annual “I Cat Believe It!” joint cat adoption promotion aims to save the lives of more than 1,000 homeless cats in July. Fourteen shelters in 12 Wisconsin counties are waiving adoption fees for adult cats (1 year or older) in July.
In both 2016 and 2017, participating organizations exceeded 1,000 cat/kitten adoptions in July, according to a Humane Society of Marathon County news release.
The initiative is in response to the dramatic peak of cat intake in the summer months. The Wisconsin Humane Society alone reports that they are caring for 950 cats, in comparison to about 350 cats in late January.
Interested in adopting? Visit the shelters’ websites to view available cats and learn more about the adoption process. The participating shelters include:
- Coulee Region Humane Society, couleehumane.com
- Elmbrook Humane Society, ebhs.org
- Humane Animal Welfare Society, hawspets.org
- Humane Society of Marathon County, catsndogs.org
- Lakeshore Humane Society, lakeshorehumane.org
- Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission, madacc.org
- Oconto Area Humane Society, ocontoareahumane.org
- Oshkosh Area Humane Society, oahs.org
- Washington County Humane Society, wchspets.org
- Wisconsin Humane Society Door County Campus, wihumane.org/doorcounty
- Wisconsin Humane Society Green Bay Campus, wihumane.org/greenbay
- Wisconsin Humane Society (Milwaukee, Racine, Ozaukee), wihumane.org