MADISON – The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources will hold a public informational hearing regarding the proposed expansion of the Expera Specialty Solutions Mosinee Mill Landfill.
The hearing will be held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 19, 2018 at the Marathon County Public Library, Mosinee Branch, 123 Main St., Mosinee.
Expera Specialty Solutions filed a complete feasibility report with the DNR concerning land in the city of Mosinee proposed to be used as a landfill. The landfill would primarily accept paper mill waste, waste water treatment sludge and boiler ash. A written request for a public informational hearing was filed by local interested parties.
The feasibility report and DNR’s review determine whether the proposed site is feasible for use as a disposal facility and to establish any conditions that must be included in Expera’s forthcoming plan of operation. The purpose of this informational hearing is to receive public comments regarding the feasibility report for the proposed landfill expansion.
Copies of the complete feasibility report and the DNR project summary containing an environmental analysis are available for public review on the Waste & Materials Management Program announcements and public comment opportunities page of the DNR website. The public may also view the materials at the following locations:
- DNR Wausau Service Center, Attn: Sherry Bursaw, 5301 Rib Mountain Drive, Wausau, WI 54401;
- Marathon County Courthouse, Attn: Nan Kottke, County Clerk, 500 Forest Street, Wausau, WI 54403;
- town of Knowlton, Attn: Alan Fochs, Clerk, 1243 Old Hwy 51 South, Mosinee, WI 54455;
- city of Mosinee, Attn: Bruce Jamroz, Clerk/Treasurer, 225 Main Street, Mosinee, WI 54455; and
- Marathon County Public Library – Mosinee Branch, 123 Main Street, Mosinee, WI 54455.
Anyone wishing to comment on the proposed project is invited to do so by attending the public hearing or by submitting any comments in writing to: Nathan Coller, hydrogeologist, Department of Natural Resources, Spooner Service Center, 810 W Maple Street, Spooner, WI 54801, by July 30, 2018.