Nick and Joey Reich and their two small children escaped the explosion and fire that destroyed Reich’s Roadhouse Tuesday in the Village of Sheldon. The family lives above the restaurant that was a popular gathering spot in the village of 200.
Sheldon Fire Chief Chad Jones says the cause of the explosion remains under investigation, but investigators have focused on a propane boiler and water heater as possible sources.
Seventy firefighters battled the blaze for more than 10 hours before it was extinguished. A GoFundMe fundraising campaign for the family has generated about $3,500 by Thursday morning. Click here to visit the page, or make a donation.