WAUSAU — The city of Wausau has rescheduled leaf pickup dates because leaves are falling at a faster rate than anticipated, according to the city of Wausau.
The city offers these tips to make the process smooth for residents and workers alike:
- Rake leaves into the gutter no earlier than the weekend before your scheduled collection date. If leaves
are in the street too early, they could plug catch basins, causing flooding, washing into the river and creating unsafe conditions for motorcyclists and bicyclists.
- Leaves should be raked into a row along the curb, not in piles.
- The equipment used cannot collect any other debris such as sticks, root balls and other plant material. Make sure there are only leaves in your gutter or the crew may have to skip the property.
- To stay on schedule, crews cannot return to an area once it has been collected (if collection progresses faster than anticipated, crews will return on your scheduled date). If you missed your pick up date, leaves can be brought to the yard waste site at 105 East Chellis St. The yard waste site will close at 5 p.m. Nov. 18.
- This process is dependent on weather. Any delays will be communicated on the city’s Facebook Page – City of Wausau Public Works and Utilities.
- An interactive map can be found on the city of Wausau website, http://www.ci.wausau.wi.us/.
- Any questions should be directed to the Department of Public Works at 715-261-6960 or via Facebook.