STEVENS POINT — With the support of individuals and businesses in the Stevens Point and outlying communities and the St. Michael’s Foundation Hope is Building campaign, the vision of a new Breast Care Center is now a reality at Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital and Ascension Medical Group.
A Community Open House Celebration is planned from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 25 at 900 Illinois Ave. The event will feature a self-guided tour of the Breast Care Center on the main floor with staff available to answer questions about the services offered.
“The Breast Care Center is the epitome of our mission and values in action. It will put Ascension St. Michael’s on the map as a care team that listens to women and their needs, and responds proactively. We cannot allow any mother, daughter, sister or friend to forgo assessment or treatment because of an inability to pay,” said Debra Standridge, regional president, North Region, Ascension Wisconsin, in a news release.
The Breast Care Center includes:
- A centralized location for clinicians to collaborate and respond compassionately and rapidly to patient concerns.
- Dedicated procedural area to provide expanded services to breast patients, all in one location
- State-of-the-art equipment, including 3-D mammography/tomosynthesis, stereotactic biopsy capabilities, ultrasound and ultrasound-guided biopsy capabilities
- Personalized care to be delivered through a new, dedicated space to integrate care, from screening, to treatment, to recovery, to life beyond cancer
- A dedicated space to deliver resources to patients and their families through education and support groups
For more information about the Breast Care Center at Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital and Ascension Medical Group, call 715-346-0707.
Photo courtesy Ascension.