The Marathon County Public Library will host several events in the coming weeks at its various libraries.
- The public is invited to the next Friends of the Marathon County Public Library Book Sale Nov. 1-4 at the library’s Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau. Browse through thousands of books, audiobooks, music CDs, movies and TV series on DVD, artwork and more. Members-only sale held Nov. 1 from 5-8 p.m. Public sale held Nov. 2-3 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Nov. 4 from 1-4:30 p.m. Call 715-261-7230 for more info.
- Children are invited to drop in at the library to create their own festive pumpkin or autumn leaf mosaics from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 3 at the library’s Rothschild Branch, 211 Grand Ave., Rothschild. Using a variety of dried beans, peas, seeds and more, attendees can create fun fall works of art. For ages 5 and older. Free. Call 715-359-6208 for more info.
- NEW! The Marathon County Public Library will show director Sara Vladic’s 2016 documentary about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis on Nov. 5 from 6:30-8 p.m. at the library’s Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau. This event is in collaboration with “A Walk In Their Shoes,” which will bring one of the 14 remaining survivors of the USS Indianapolis during World War II to speak in Edgar and Wausau. Free. Call 715-261-7230 for more info.
- Teens can take the spotlight and sing karaoke during Teen Emo Karaoke Night from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 6 at the library’s Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau. The library will have a list of songs to choose from or participants can request other songs by request. Free. Call 715-261-7230 for more info.
- Kids, tweens and teens are encouraged to visit the library for a day of fun with words from 3 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Nov. 7 at the Marathon City Branch, 515 Washington St., Marathon City. Play word and vocabulary games like Scrabble, Upwords and Red Letter, or work on crossword puzzles, word searches and word chains. Call 715-443-2775 for more info.
- NEW! Kids in grades K-5 can get their glow during a fun glow-in-the-dark event on Nov. 13 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau. Library staff will read books in the dark and offer a variety of glow-in-the-dark crafts. Free. Call 715-261-7220 for more info.
Photos courtesy Marathon County Public Library.