WAUSAU PILOT AND REVIEW
MOSINEE — Crews from more than five area departments responded Satrday to a report of a blaze at a home in Mosinee that appears to have started in the chimney.
Firefighters from SAFER, Riverside, Mosinee and Kronenwetter were paged at about 11:50 a.m. Saturday. The home is in the 1500 block of Lakehurst Road in Mosinee. About 15 minutes later, crews from Stratford were also paged to assist in battling the blaze.
Nearly an hour after the first call was received, firefighters continued battling the blaze and called for an aerial truck from Wausau to assist. Efforts to extinguish the fire have been hampered by extreme cold temperatures, officials said.
Residents inside were safely evacuated before smoke began to fill the home. No injuries were reported as of noon on Saturday. The Salvation Army is also responding to the home to assist residents and firefighters.
This story will be updated.