WAUSAU — The Wisconsin Woodchucks announced this week the team’s promotional schedule for the 2019 season. The events include new promotions, as well as fan favorites.
The Woodchucks will have four bobblehead giveaways in 2019.
- On June 8, the first 250 fans will receive a U Paint Woody Bobblehead complete with a paint set and brush.
- On June 26, a Garrett Yrigoyen Bobblehead will be given to the first 1000 fans.
- The third bobblehead of 2019 will be a Chucktoberfest Woody Bobblehead. It will be given to the first 1,000 fans who attend the game on Aug. 1.
- On Aug. 7, the first 1,000 fans will receive a Skeleton Woody Bobblehead.
The Woodchucks will light up the sky with 10 fireworks shows this season. Fans can kick off the season on June 1 for Opening Night Fireworks. Post-game fireworks shows also will be held on Friday nights: June 21, June 28, July 5, July 19, July 26, Aug. 9 and Aug. 10.
The Woodchucks also will host a July 4 Red, White and Boom Festival, featuring The Spicy Tie Band and fireworks, even though the Woodchucks are away.
- The Woodchucks will give a baseball hat to the first 250 fans on June 4 and June 10.
- On July 10, the first 500 fans will receive mini bats.
- On July 18, 1,000 Kids Woodchucks Replica Jerseys will be given out to kids ages 12 and younger.
- The Chucks will give baseballs to the first 1,000 fans on July 21.
- On July 30, there will be 1,000 camo hats given away to fans.
- On Aug. 8, celebrate Leine’s Night and the 10th Anniversary of the movie “The Hangover” with a beer glass giveaway for the first 250 fans.
- The first 500 fans will receive baseball cards on Aug. 10
Theme nights and appearance
- The Woodchucks kick off the season with Minions Night on June 12.
- On June 20, Buzz and Woody will make an appearance at the ballpark for Woodchucks Toy Night. They will make another appearance on July 24.
- On June 26, the Woodchucks have a special guest appearance from former Woodchuck player and “Bachelorette” winner, Garrett Yrigoyen.
- Princesses at the Park will return on July 28 with princesses Moana, Anna and Elsa.
- The World Famous ZOOperstars will return to entertain fans on July 25.
- Returning for the 2019 season is Faith and Family Day on June 23.
- The Seventh Annual Eat-A-Palooza event will be held on July 22.
- A pregame workout will feature a local gym on July 28.
- JDRF Night will be held on Aug. 10.
- New for the 2019 season is Brew Fest on July 5. This event is $30 per person and will be held on the Ascension Terrace. It will feature 12 samples of craft beer, an all-you-care-to-eat ballpark buffet and the best view of the game.
- Another new event is Nine Innings of Networking on July 24, featuring lunch and networking during the game on the Ascension Terrace. Tickets are $20 and include a ballpark buffet, soda and water, and a ticket for the game. More details TBA. Tickets for these events must be pre-reserved and can be purchased by calling 715-845-5055 or in person.