MERRILL — Ascension Good Samaritan Health Center will hold a free Community Health Fair on May 4.
The event, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 601 S. Center Ave. will provide free health screenings and additional information on the services available locally in Merrill.
Featured free health screenings include:
- Cardiac risk assessment
- Pulse oximetry
- Balance and grip strength
- Glucose, body mass index (BMI) and blood pressure
- Fall prevention
- Sleep disorders
- Spinal and posture screening
- Hearing testing
- Peripheral vascular disease
Interactive displays and booths from the following areas of interest will also be on display:
- Advance directives for health care
- Hand hygiene and infection prevention
- Primary care
- Alcohol and drug prevention
- Community care paramedic program
- Food and nutrition education
- Therapy dogs
- Skin care
- At home and hospice care
- Medication disposal kits will also be available.
In addition, Ascension Good Samaritan volunteers will hold a plant sale and all attendees will have a chance to win one of two $500 grocery gift cards or several gift baskets and prizes.
These activities will feature clinicians, associates and volunteers from Ascension Good Samaritan Hospital, Ascension Medical Group and other affiliated groups and community coalition partners.
For more information, call 715-539-5042.