A fire Saturday that broke out in a Lincoln County garage left two people injured, including a firefighter battling the blaze, authorities said.

The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department received an initial report at about 3 p.m. of a structure fire at N2812 Hinz Road in Merrill. The blaze was primarily contained to a garage but high winds fanned the flames, spreading them to a nearby structure, according to the Merrill Fire Department.

A neighbor who was attempting to put out the fire suffered burns to the face, police said. A firefighter was also injured. Neither victim was seriously injured.

The Wisconsin State Fire Marshall determined the blaze began in a wood burning stove with excessive amounts of creosote in the chimney, according to a news release. The blaze is being considered an accident.