STEVENS POINT — The annual SpiritFEST at Holy Spirit Parish will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 28 at St. Stanislaus Church, 838 Fremont St., Stevens Point.
The celebration takes on special meaning this year, with the construction of a new ministry center, while Holy Spirit Parish celebrates the first anniversary of Fr. Steve Brice, who began his duties as new pastor on July 1, 2018.
“SpiritFEST is a wonderful way to build community by gathering together for worship, food and socialization,” said Brant Bergeron, SpiritFEST Committee chairman.
- Mass, featuring polka music by Old Time Brass and the Choraleers at 10 a.m.
- $5,000 in raffle cash to be given away at the end of the day
- Pull tabs and money tree
- Chicken dinner with homemade chicken soup in Kostka Hall in the St. Stans basement (10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Food/beverage tent with brisket sandwiches, burgers, brats, fries and cheese curds (11 a.m. start
- Live music from Old Time Brass (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) and Gray Catz (2 p.m. to 5 p.m.) in the music tent
- Bid on 40 themed baskets — all valued at a minimum of $100
- Bingo (2 p.m. to 4 p.m.) in the church basement ($30 game payouts and $75 blackout for final game)
- Win delicious pastries at the cake walk
- Free petting zoo (Noon – 3 p.m.)
- Free youth games and activities
- Book nook to purchase books, CDs, games, puzzles, etc. and support Holy Spirit’s Haiti Mission