WAUSAU — The tenth annual River Valley Jazz Festival will be held July 26, 27 and 28 at Bull Falls Brewery, five downtown Wausau restaurants and other locations.
“The best of central Wisconsin jazz will be showcased in what promises to be some exciting performances,” said Tim Buchholz, vice-president of the River Valley Jazz Society, sponsoring organization for the festival.
The year’s festival headliner will be the Tom Washatka Quorum from Oshkosh. Players in the group include Scott Dercks, guitar; Charlie Sauter, bass; and Ryan Korb, drums. The group will pay at the Bull Falls Brewery Biergarten main stage on July 27.
The festival schedule is as follows:
- Pianist Scott Kuehn will play at Bull Falls Brewery, 901 E. Thomas St., from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Boat Patrol performs from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Bull Falls.
- The John Greiner Little Big Band will perform at Whitewater Music Hall, 130 N. First Ave.
- The Denise Sauter Band will play at Timekeeper Distillery, 720 Grant St., from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Jeff Erickson Quartet will perform at Daly’s, 307 Third St., from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
All performances are at Bull Falls Brewery.
- The Sid Kyler Band will lead off the entertainment from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Biergarten.
- Mike and Geoffrey Fischer will perform from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Tap Room.
- Jazzberries play from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- River Cities Jazz will play from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Biergarten.
- The festival headliner, the Tom Washatka Quorum, will take the Biergarten main stage from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- A jazz brunch will be performed by Dan Larson from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Hiawatha Restaurant.
The festival is free; donations for jazz scholarships are encouraged.
For more information, go to rivervalleyjazz.org.