By David Stenklyft for Wausau Pilot and Review
A capacity crowd filled the ballroom Saturday at Holiday Inn and Suites in Rothschild for the inaugural “trivia night” fundraiser for Monk Botanical Gardens.
The event, which was open to teams of six and included raffles and prizes, was organized to raise funds for the Monk Gardens ongoing programs and events.
The Monk Botanical Gardens occupy a 30-acre property on the west side of Wausau, at 1800 N. First Ave. They are named for the family of the late Robert W. Monk, who donated 21 acres of the land for development of the public garden.
Officially incorporated as a nonprofit institution in 2003, the Monk Botanical Gardens seeks to promote understanding of the aesthetic, economic, and ecological role of plants.
All photos credited to David Stenklyft, for Wausau Pilot and Review.