Become a supporter
If you read our coverage, please support our work.
- Students should take all instructional materials for their classes as well as essential personal items and prescription medications with them when they leave for spring break.
- Spring break will take place from March 14-29, 2020.
- Classes will resume March 30 with alternative delivery methods. No face-to-face classes will be held on campus after this date until further notice.
- More information about alternative delivery methods of class will be communicated to students via email by March 29.
- Students are strongly encouraged to return to their permanent residence after spring break until further notice. This will assist with social distancing in halls where students live close together and share facilities. Those who have no other housing options or no access to technology needed for coursework may return to residence halls.
- Residence halls remain open to students. Limited dining options will resume for dinner March 22. Additional information will be communicated in the next week to students who live in residence halls.
- All university sponsored travel is canceled for students, faculty and staff, except for NCAA Athletics until April 15. Additional guidance will be provided as it becomes available.
- Events with more than 50 people in attendance at any campus facility are canceled from March 15 through April 15. This includes events at all three UW-Stevens Point campuses, Treehaven, Central Wisconsin Environmental Station and Northern Aquaculture Demonstration Facility. Information about ticket refunds will be provided soon.
The decision was made to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, Patterson said.