By Shereen Siewert
Weston is restricting access to the village municipal center, effective immediately.
Village Administrator Keith Donner announced the new restrictions Tuesday in a news release. Doors normally open for public access at the center, at 5500 Schofield Ave., will be locked until further notice due to the emergency declarations at the state and federal level.
Here is a list of ways you can pay bills, vote, or weigh in on village matters as the closure persists:
Utility Bill Payments
- Use on-line payment options
- Automatic payment or bill pay features from your checking account
- Village drop-box outside the Municipal Center
- Intercity State Bank Drive-through in Weston
• Use the on-line permit service “EVOLVE”
- Visit myvote.wi.gov
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX your request to 715-359-6117
- Walk up as available. Please ring the doorbell, you may have a wait. The number of in-person absentee voters will be limited to 4 people at one time.
Please be aware that absentee voting will be accommodated through April 2 so there is adequate time to complete absentee voting. Please see the Village’s press release with details on absentee voting.
• By telephone or by appointment
• Village meetings are postponed unless there are time sensitive issues to address. The Village expects to implement a modified meeting format limiting attendance but, allowing public interaction via conference call or inter-active video for any necessary meetings during the emergency.
“These measures remain in effect until further notice and are intended to protect public health following the guidelines of “social distancing” to limit the spread of COVID-19,” Donner said. “We appreciate the cooperation of the public in advance.”