WESTON — Effective immediately, public access to the Weston Municipal Center will be restricted to absentee voting only, the municipality announced today following the first confirmed COVID-19 case in Marathon County.
People choosing to walk-in for absentee voting will be accommodated as available and should ring the doorbell to gain entry. The number of in-person absentee voters will be limited to two people at one time.
The village reminds people to use other available methods of conducting business: Telephone, e-mail, through online services, or other procedures not requiring entry to the building. These include:
- Visit myvote.wi.gov
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- FAX your request to 715-359-6117
- Mail your request to: Village of Weston, 5500 Schofield Ave., Weston, WI 54476; Attention Clerk’s Office
Absentee voting will be accommodated through April 2 so there is adequate time to complete absentee voting. Please see the Village’s press release with details on absentee voting.
- Use the on-line permit service “EVOLVE”
Utility Bill Payments
- Use online payment options
- Automatic payment or bill pay features from your checking account
- Village drop-box outside the Municipal Center
- Intercity State Bank drive-through in Weston
- Apply online at www.westonwi.gov/eLicensing
- By telephone or by appointment
- Office at 715-359-6114
- Utility line at 715-359-2876
- Village meetings are postponed unless there are time sensitive issues to address. The village will use a modified meeting format limiting attendance but allowing public interaction via conference call or inter-active video for any necessary meetings during the emergency.
Both the State of Wisconsin and Federal Government have issued declarations of emergency due to public health concerns about COVID-19. Guidelines on protective measures to limit the spread of the virus are available on the CDC website.
These measures remain in effect until further notice.