The upcoming May 12 election for the 7th Congressional District Assembly seat has two candidates with opposing positions.
Liberal Democrat Tricia Zunker – president of the Wausau School District School Board – worked to implement the current transgender policy, allowing self-declared trans-gendered students access to the bathroom and locker room of their choice (a biological male declaring as female is allowed to use the ladies’ restroom and locker room). Many concerned parents and citizens strongly objected to this policy’s lack of respect for the privacy of the majority of students.
- A firm supporter of “reproductive rights” – meaning abortion as “healthcare”
- A strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights
- A member of the board of directors of ACLU of Wisconsin, known for its support of liberal policies
Conservative Republican Tom Tiffany – proven legislator who stands for traditional values and fiscal responsibility in government.
- Supports the Republican platform, including protecting religious freedom, 2nd Amendment rights and strengthening the institution of marriage
- Supports the most vulnerable – the unborn, including those born alive after a failed abortion
Know your candidates. Exercise your right to vote.
Dorothy Giallombardo of Merrill
Editor’s note: Wausau Pilot & Review gladly accepts letters to the editor from residents, officials, and candidates for local offices. The views of our readers are not necessarily the views of Wausau Pilot & Review. To submit, send to email@example.com.