Aspirus on Tuesday announced new visitation guidelines to allow limited access for family and friends at Wisconsin facilities, effective immediately.
As a basic safety measure, all visitors to Aspirus care facilities will be screened for fever and symptoms prior to entering and will be required to wear a mask or face covering at all times.
“To slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic Aspirus adopted rigorous safety measures, one of which was visitor guidelines,” said Ruth Risley-Gray, Aspirus Senior Vice President and System Chief Nursing Officer. “Those efforts – along with clear guidance from local and state governments and strong community support – have helped flatten the curve. So Aspirus is thoughtfully relaxing visitor guidelines because we know visitors bring comfort to our patients.”
The following guidelines now apply at Aspirus’ Wisconsin hospitals (inpatient and outpatient areas):
- Adult patients may receive one visitor, age 18 or older, per day. Exceptions may be made for terminal patients.
- Pediatric hospital patients may have two adult support visitors at a time.
- Labor and delivery patients will follow the same guidelines as above, with no more than two siblings allowed to visit for a maximum of 30 minutes each day.
In hospital emergency rooms:
- Adult patients may have one support person over 18 years of age.
- Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two adults.
In outpatient clinics:
- Adult patients may be accompanied by one person over the age of 12.
- Patients at outpatient cancer infusion centers may be accompanied by one person 18 or over.
Please note that existing visitor guidelines remain in place at Aspirus’ care sites in the state of Michigan, and at Aspirus nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Family members with special circumstances are encouraged to call the location to discuss.
Aspirus continues to take the following COVID-19 safety measures:
- Screening visitors for symptoms and fever at all designated entry points.
- Requiring visitors to wear a cloth cover or facemask while in the facility, perform frequent hand hygiene, and restrict their visit to the patient’s room or other designated area.
- Observing social distancing guidelines.
- Preventing visits by those diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days.
- Preventing visitors for adult patients being treated for COVID-19.
- Visitors who are currently experiencing or recently experienced any acute respiratory symptoms such as cough, or shortness of breath within the past 14 days are not permitted
For more about service and department guidelines, or visitor hours, please call your local Aspirus care site or visit aspirus.org.