For the eighth consecutive year, Habitat for Humanity of Wausau is collecting unwanted holiday lights for recycling. Lights are accepted regardless of working condition. Drop-off boxes are at the following locations and will be in place until the end of January:
• Wausau City Hall
• Mosinee City Hall
• Pick ‘n Save – all three Wausau area locations
• Piggly Wiggly Mosinee
• Intercity State Bank – all three Wausau area locations
• Marathon Savings Bank – all three Wausau area locations
• People’s State Bank – all five area Wausau locations
• Prevail Bank – Wausau
• Nigbur’s Fine Furniture
• Habitat Store during store hours Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (closed holiday weekends)
Through this program, Habitat for Humanity of Wausau has kept more than 10 tons of holiday lights from landfills. Habitat receives a modest sum each year for the value of the recyclable material in the lights.
For more information, contact Chris Frost at email@example.com.