Wausau Pilot & Review
Angelo’s Pizza, the iconic Italian Restaurant that shuttered in June after decades in business in Wausau, released a list of businesses on Thursday that will carry their goods.
Owners Angelo and Janet Volpe semi-retired in 2014 when their son, Peter Volpe, took over day-to-day operations. In May, the Volpe family announced that they would close the restaurant and shift to producing wholesale frozen pizzas.
The list of locations is as follows:
- Lamb’s Fresh Market in Wausau and Rib Mountain
- Timekeeper Distillery in Wausau
- The Glass Hat in Wausau
- The Office Bar in Wausau
- Lil’ Ole Winemaker Shoppe in Wausau
- Pregame Pub Wausau in Wausau
- Wausau Elks Lodge #248 in Wausau
- The Garage Wausau in Rib Mountain
- Crafties in Weston
- Day Break Bar & Grill in Weston
- Dave’s County Market in Merrill
- The Water’s Pub and Pier in Stevens Point
- Half Moon Hill Farm and Winery in Hamburg
- Trig’s in Tomahawk
- Both County Markets in Wisconsin Rapids
- Lakeside Market in Antigo
- Abby County Market in Abbotsford
- Charlie’s County Market in Shawano
- The Local Goat Company in Amherst
In addition to their traditional pizza selections, pizza fries will soon be available, according to the family.
Read about the restaurant’s history below.
By Shereen Siewert It’s the end of an era for an iconic Italian restaurant in Wausau, as Angelo’s Pizza Villa prepares to close following more than 50 years in business. For many, Angelo’s was a place to gather after Little League games, after high school dances and football games, for birthday parties and engagement celebrations.…