WAUSAU – hype will host an intensive, nine-month program beginning in September. The Immersion Project will be held on the second Tuesday of each month through May 2018. The new program is designed to provide meaningful experiences that will immerse and connect participants to the region. These experiences are aimed to cement the participants’ roots in central Wisconsin through a deeper understanding and awareness of important topics and issues relevant to the area.
“This new Immersion Project will give young professionals an opportunity to learn what makes this region a great place to live.” said Renae Krings, talent development director. “We hope that this program will build a lasting connection to our region among those involved.”
Session and topic dates include:
- Session 1: Team Building, Tuesday, September 12
- Session 2: Heritage and History, Tuesday, October 10
- Session 3: Government, Tuesday, November 14
- Session 4: Business and Commerce, Tuesday, December 12
- Session 5: Education, Tuesday, January 9
- Session 6: Public service/non-profit, Tuesday, February 13
- Session 7: Arts, Culture and Recreation, Tuesday, March 13
- Session 8: Professional Development, Tuesday, April 10
- Session 9: Graduation, Tuesday, May 8
The 2017-2018 program is limited to the first 20 registrants.
The program cost is $500 per person for members of the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce and $750 for non-members. For more information or to register for this event, visit WausauChamber.com. For more information on hype visit WausauChamber.com or contact Krings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-848-5942. hype is a workforce development initiative of the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce.