MADISON – It may be the peak of summer, but now is the time to vote for your favorite Wisconsin State Park system property for winter recreation.
That is, however, just one of the 10 categories in the 2017 Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Gold Seal Award contest.
Cast your ballots here.
The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks is the umbrella organization for the more than 80 local friends groups organizations organized to provide support for state park system properties. The organization’s mission is preserving, promoting, protecting, and enhancing Wisconsin state parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. The organization runs the Gold Seal Award program each year to highlight Wisconsin’s parks, trails, and forests.
“If you are a cross-country skier, camper, biker, hiker, angler, or park visitor, cast your vote for your favorite state park, forest, or trail in one of our new categories,” said Patty Loosen, state park friends coordinator.
The contest ends on Friday, Sept. 8, and the winning parks, forests, trails, or recreational areas will be honored with a Gold Seal Award at the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Awards Banquet on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017.
The 2017 categories are:
- Best state park system property for winter recreating
- Best state park system property for a short hike with children
- Best state park system property for trail to ride horses with a group
- Most scenic state park system picnic area
- Best state park system office flower garden
- Best state park system property for star gazing
- Best state park fishing pier
- Best state park system property to take nature photos
- Best state park family beach area
- Best view of the sunrise in a state park system campground.
Photo credit: Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources