WAUSAU — Motorists can expect to encounter lane closures and speed reductions beginning today, Monday, May 14, at these locations:
- Interstate 39 over Johnson Creek in the town of Knowlton
- I-39 over Highway 153 in Mosinee
- I-39 over Bull Junior Creek in the village of Kronenwetter
- Highway 51 over Highway N in the town of Rib Mountain
- Highway 51 over Decator Drive in the village of Maine
- Highway 51 over Rainbow Drive in the village of Maine
- Highway 29 over Plover River in the village of Hatley
- Highway 29 Westbound over Highway Q in the town of Ringle
The lane closures are necessary for crews to complete routine bridge maintenance, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. The speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph through the work zones. Motorists should drive with caution through the work zones and be alert for slow-moving vehicles.
Work is scheduled for completion on Friday, May 18, depending on weather.