WAUSAU – The Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce will host an intensive, nine-month immersion program beginning in September.
The Immersion Project, designed to connect participants to the region, will be held on the second Tuesday of each month through May 2019.
“This Immersion Project will give individuals an opportunity to learn what makes this region a great place to live,” said Renae Krings, talent development director, in a news release. “We hope that this program will build a lasting connection to our region among those involved.”
Session and topic dates include:
- Session 1: Welcome & Introduction, Tuesday, Sept. 11
- Session 2: History & Heritage, Wednesday, Sept. 12
- Session 3: Community Development, Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Session 4: Community Issues, Wednesday, Oct. 10
- Session 5: Government, Tuesday, Nov. 13
- Session 6: Public Safety/Judicial System, Wednesday, Nov. 14
- Session 7: K-12 Education, Tuesday, Dec. 11
- Session 8: Higher Education, Wednesday, Dec. 12
- Session 9: Entrepreneurship & Homegrown Businesses, Tuesday, Jan. 8
- Session 10: Agriculture, Wednesday, Jan. 9
- Session 11: Nonprofit Organizations, Tuesday, Feb. 12
- Session 12: Quality of Life – Day 1, Tuesday, March 12
- Session 13: Quality of Life – Day 2, Wednesday, March 13
- Session 14: Quality of Life – Day 3, Tuesday, April 9
- Session 15: Community Involvement, Wednesday, April 10
- Session 16: Program Wrap Up, Tuesday, May 14
Pari Cecchini participated in the program in 2017-2018.
“(Initially,) I struggled to see a future here. I saw a future in my work life, but I struggled to find a home life here,” said Cecchini an employee at Greenheck. “Seeing how the area’s nonprofits care about the community and make a visible impact showed me that I can make an impact as well. I love the entrepreneurship and spirit of those in this community.”
The 2018-2019 program is limited to the first 20 registrants.
The program cost is $750 per person for members of the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce and $1,250 for non-members. For more information or to register for this program, visit WausauChamber.com or contact Renae Krings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-848-5942.
Caption: The participants in the 2017-2018 Immersion Project share their art during a session at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wausau. Photo courtesy Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce.