PRESS RELEASE — The Greater Wausau Prosperity Partnership (GWPP) has launched a talent attraction and retention website, GreaterWausau.org, for the region. The site has been constructed to serve as a recruitment tool for the region’s businesses and industries. The site was built by Amperage Marketing & Fundraising in Wausau.
“We are fortunate to be blessed with so many excellent and unique resources in a vibrant community, such as excellent healthcare, education, affordable housing and easy access to nature, entertainment and skiing.” said Jim McIntyre, CEO of Greenheck and GWPP Chair. “The launch of our new website, GreaterWausau.org, is an important beginning to sharing our story and bringing talented people and companies to the Greater Wausau area.”
The site tells the story of the region through videos and written narratives of individuals, families, destinations, events, businesses and organizations. GreaterWausau.org will feature frequent content updates to build upon those pieces assembled for the launch.
The website is organized around the following topics:
- Explore: This portion of the site highlights the region’s miles of hiking, cycling and running trails; skiing, kayaking and fishing opportunities; and outdoor activities which can be enjoyed in all four seasons.
- Experience: Information on dining, shopping, the performing and fine arts and regional events can be found here.
- Live: Compare housing options and learn what makes each of more than a dozen communities in the region unique.
- Work: Search for jobs, internships and apprenticeships available in the region, with an emphasis on positions in those industry sectors identified for growth in the Economic Development Strategic Plan.
- Learn: Explore a variety of public and private school options across the region, along with preschool and daycare possibilities and higher education opportunities.
- Get Connected: Browse volunteer opportunities, houses of worship and non-profits in this section of the site.
A toolkit for those who fill positions at regional businesses and organizations is in development. The toolkit will include a guide for usage, digital elements and more.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to tag their photos of outdoor scenery and activities with the hashtag #elevatenaturally. Photos with this tag may be added to the site’s homepage to reinforce the recreational opportunities in the region. Follow or like the social media channels for GreaterWausau.org on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Advertising positions are available on the site and are sold monthly by section. Visit WausauChamber.com to review the rates and the available inventory.
For more information on GreaterWausau.org, please contact Brian Otten at 715-848-5947.