fbpx

More news. Less fluff. All local.

UPDATE: Merrill fire ruled accidental

in Sirens

By Shereen Siewert

An early morning fire Thursday that displaced three residents and their pets was likely caused by an electrical issue, according to a news release from Merrill Fire Chief Josh Klug.

Crews were called just after 3 a.m. to the 1900 block of West Main Street in the city of Merrill for a reported house fire, where they discovered flames coming from a second story window.

Fire damage was limited to the second floor, Klug said. After extinguishing the fire, the interior attack crew checked for hot spots.

Off-duty Merrill firefighters, Merrill Police, Corning Fire Department, and Wisconsin Public Service personnel assisted at the scene.  Tomahawk EMS stood by for ambulance coverage as well.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family at this time.

Photos courtesy of Josh Klug, Merrill Fire Department

Latest from Sirens

Go to Top
%d bloggers like this: