The COVID-19 Community Response Fund continues to accept applications for financial relief during the pandemic.
As of May 27, the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin and United Way of Marathon County have awarded 36 organizations with grants totaling over $300,000.
The review committee is focusing on immediate needs – food and shelter security, child care, safety in the home, access to health care, etc. – for the most vulnerable populations, which seems to be children and seniors at this time.
The review committee meets weekly to process grants in a timely manner and get funding out as quickly as possible. Applications received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday afternoons will be reviewed that week.
Fast facts, according to the Community Response Fund:
- $454,237 has been donated to the COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- $304,050 has been granted to 36 organizations as of May 27
- Apply through the Community Foundation’s online grant management system at https://www.grantinterface.com/cfoncw/Common/LogOn.aspx
- Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations in Marathon County serving the immediate needs of the community
- Application request limit is $10,000 (Agencies are allowed to reapply if funding is still needed.)